The Co-op Cycles CTY e2.2 is an upgrade from the CTY e2.1 Electric Bike. It is still a Class 1 pedal assist up to 20 mph, powered by the slightly more powerful Shimano E6100 250W motor. The battery is also Shimano, more exactly the E8010 36V/504Wh model.
Here are the top features of the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.2:
- 6061 Aluminum frame.
- Low stand-over height design makes the bike easy to get on and off and easy to stabilize while standing at a stop
- Upright riding position gives you great visibility; adjustable stem lets you fine-tune the cockpit to fit you
- Shimano e6100 motor is the strong, silent type, with more torque than that of the CTY e2.1, offering 3 pedal-assist modes plus a walk mode
- Shimano E8010 504Wh battery extends your range and is equipped with an ABUS lock for a safer parking at the office or around town.
- Suntour front suspension fork smooths out the ride with 75mm of travel
- 27.5 in. wheels with multisurface tread profile let you roll fast on hard pack, grip on gravel or dirt roads
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes deliver reliable, nuanced stopping power
- Integrated rear rack facilitates grocery runs, commuting or adding a kid carrier; pannier compatible with a weight limit of 59 lbs
- Included front and rear lights run on the battery so you don’t need to think about keeping them charged
- Included front and rear fenders for riding in less-than-ideal weather
- Center kickstand is easy to use and super stable
- Battery charger included
Currently, the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.2 E-Bike is priced at $2,699 and you can buy it at rei.com.
The Bicycle weight limit is 300 lbs. total. That means the weight of the rider and everything else carried on the bike and on the rider’s body