The Co-op Cycles CTY e2.1 is the smaller brother of the CTY e2.2 E-Bike. This is still a Class 1 pedal assist up to 20 mph e-bike, powered by the Shimano E5000 250W motor, and equipped with the battery is Shimano E8014 36V/418Wh.
CTY e2.1 Top Features
Here are the top features of the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.1:
- 6061 Aluminum frame.
- Upright riding position for better visibility.
- Shimano E500 motor is the strong, silent type, offering 3 pedal-assist modes plus a walk mode
- Shimano E8014 418Wh battery extends your range and is equipped with an ABUS lock for a safer parking at home or around town.
- With front suspension only, the fork is Suntour MOBIE-A32 with 75mm of travel.
- 27.5 in. wheels with multisurface tread profile let you roll fast on hard pack, grip on gravel or dirt roads
- Hydraulic disc brakes are also Shimano.
- Integrated rear rack facilitates grocery runs, commuting or adding a kid carrier; pannier compatible with a weight limit of 59 lbs
- Included front and rear lights run on the battery so you don’t need to think about keeping them charged
- Low stand-over height design makes the bike easy to get on and off and easy to stabilize while standing at a stop
- Included front and rear fenders for water and mud protection.
- Center kickstand is easy to use and super stable
- Battery charger included
More about Co-op Cycles and other bike brands here.
Currently, the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.1 E-Bike is priced at $2,299 and you can buy it at rei.com.
The Bicycle weight limit is 300 lbs. total. That means the weight of the rider and everything else carried on the bike and on the rider’s body
The Shimano E500 motor – 250 W motor with max torque of 40 Nm, weighs only 2.5 kg for a light feel and easy handling.